Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year

Mike and a friend from school watching Luis weave.
Some of the colors made from cochinilla, limes and anil...
Angela showing us how to use the spinning wheel.
Angela at home.
The view from Angela's house.
I have been having really awful internet problems so haven't posted for a few days. Mikey showed up the day after Christmas as a surprise to me. We went to Teotitlan on Saturday to visit an artesanal house, the weaver there had invited me to the village to show me how to dye wool naturally.She said I could invite some friends so we all went together. As a result, to make a long story short, after my classes end on Friday Mike and I are going to Teotitlan again to stay at the same house for about 3 days so I can really learn the process. I am amazed at the welcoming friendliness of all the people I have met here. Such kindness and open-heartedness. A few pix showing Teotitlan etc, with more to follow after I once again get into an area with electricity. We will go to Puerto Angel from Teotitlan. I am pretty sure there will be internet there but at this point am not sure if I will get back online before a week or so from now. Happy New Year to all.

3 comments:

Sparky said...

is everything sideways in mexico?? how come your pix are always sideways?? I have to turn the computer on its side to see 'em!!

Sparky said...

but it's pretty :)

heartbreakingly beautiful said...

cousin, i think you hit on the head! everything's sideways there!!!!
grams gave me the info for this blog--she is SO up with the newest technology ;-)
love the pics--can't wait to really take a stroll through here!