Sunday, December 14, 2008

SORRY!

I just looked at my posts and discovered that the pix came thru but none of the descriptions.Uh-oh!! But if you look at the pix below (about 20!), from bottom to top the pix are of different things going on around in the park across the street from my house for the feast of the Virgen of Guadalupe...parades, food, carnival, mercado, beautiful children in indigenous clothing, sticky faces, amazing things. And also pix of a couple of artesanal villages I went to this weekend, to a pottery that gave a really interesting demo of traditional black pottery making. The wheel was a shallow bowl turned upside downwith a smaller shallow bowl sitting on top of it. amazing, and all the turning of the wheel was done by the hand pressure on the clay. That guy could really get it going. Really interesting. The colored hand pix are from a traditional alebrijo artesanal village, with pigments made form the bark of the tree used to carve the animal, with lime juice added to make the first color and other things such as talc, honey, ash and poinsetta leaves to make the other colors shown.It was fascinating. I had no idea.
Today I went to the museo Santo domingo, a 500 year old church, and of course was still charging my camera so left it at home but will go back to take pix because in the 3 hours I allowed myself I only covered about a third of what there is to look at. !Mas despues! besos y abrazos... y feliz navidad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wondered when you would take your vicarious visitors to an alebrijo artesanal village! Are you on color overload?!?